Sunday, January 13, 2013

SIx Week Update

Since Deb's passing and Celebration Service, Vern's been to Arkansas to retrieve the new furniture that Deb picked out and enjoyed last year in the condo. Deb had some old furniture she had long wanted to replace in our home, so I replaced the old with the condo furniture. I also have cleared out most of Deb's clothing after giving friends and family first pass. We had lots of meds and supplies that had to go. Several weeks of flu-like sickness followed along with some skin cancer surgery and recovery of my own. Even today I am coughing and wheezing.

Grieving is a very personal thing and I assure you that there has been much grieving! Tonight I listened to Deb's Celebration Service again on a CD. Then I listened to the piano music that Deb's 50 year friend Lisa recorded for Deb and to which Deb listened all during her stressful treatments.

I miss that gal!

Since most of the pix in the blog show Deb with her disease, I thought I'd post some pix  of before-myeloma. They were of happier times!

I have struggled with what to do about the blog and think I may do several more pages to summarize our battle with myeloma and then sign off. I will continue my writings on a different blog site whose address will be released soon.

Blessings!
Vern

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Happy Days!
CLICK TO ENLARGE



































14 comments:

  1. Vern,
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of Deb and your family and friends.
    Paul L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see these pictures once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures and update on how you have been doing. I have been checking it and am so glad you are going to start another blog of your writings. I am in VA taking care of Phillip while Liz and Caleb are at work. Beth is coming by to visit tomorrow. They also live in Alexandria. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story and also lovely photos. More something like this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures! I remember Deb with the Chief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. I remember when Deb got the Chief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the pictures. You two look so incredibly happy- just like I remember! Heaven has certainly gained an amazing angel. ~Lisa Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vern,
    We enjoyed seeing these wonderful pictures.
    Just want you to know we think of you often and with love.
    David & Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy heavenly birthday, Deb. Think of you often, Vern, and keep checking for updates on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete