Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday-Tests begin today

Deb's been fasting, so I slipped off for a cup of coffee while she was still sleeping. She's dressing now as we begin 2 days of tests. So, first out of the gate is a registration process, then blood and urine tests. Mid morning, PET, then MRI. Tomorrow, more MRI's. Then Thursday is a day off while the tests are processed. At 9 Friday, we sit down with the doctor to decide what's ahead.

Yesterday we sat on the bed and listened to some of our favorite music on Youtube.com from early in our marriage. Mostly Gaither Trio. Danny Gaither had five years of lymphoma before dying. We now understand his last days so well.

The music was so comforting. Songs like: Something Beautiful, Because He Lives, The King is Coming, He Touched Me, and a favorite encouraging song, The Church Triumphant.


At my morning coffee, I again bumped into our classmate from Colquitt, Ga. She has been here continuously by herself for over a year except  for two weeks at home during Christmas.

Each time we are here and I pass by certain rooms, I have flashback memories to what we were going through when we stayed in that room. Today I passed by 305, the first room we stayed in when Deb came out for her comprehensive eval. Amanda came with us and Deb was in terrible pain before six of her seven vertibrae were repaired. I was a zombie and we would not have made it without Amanda's clear-headed help and thinking. Seemed like the first time I ever remember being totally helpless.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Vern and Debbie
    Shannon shared with me the journey you have been going thru, and I want you both to know you are in my prayers and thoughts, I would love to come see you when you get back home. I miss you so much. You were the best sister n law I ever had. Hang in there God has the Victory! Sheila Darley Camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb is so fortunate to have you next to her on this journey.

    You are both in my prayers. (Because He Lives is one of my very favorite songs of all time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete