Sunday, July 22, 2012

Big post! Deb, Art, etc

Getting labs

Deb really begin to feel the strong chemo today. Overnight she gained 6 pounds! She spent all day being served by nurse Madeline who is from England. When I dropped Deb off at the front door on this Sunday morning, I went to park the car in the chemo clinic area about 8:15 am .There were already a number of classmates already parked. As quiet as our lives might be on any Sunday morning, hospitals and clinics around the world are full of hurting people. Now that I've been here, I never pass a facility without thinking about all the folks and caregivers inside.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When Deb 'graduated' from the original treatment, she had a ceremony of the Seeds of Hope where she placed a seed in the large stone seed as a memorial of having finished her treatment. Here are the seeds that have been placed since then.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Click on pix to enlarge
The nurses station keeps a seasonal display for our enjoyment. Since it is Olympic Season, here is the display.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While Deb slept this morning I went to the hospital chapel service and was greatly encouraged. Here is the chapel window.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I said a few days ago, there is an art exhibit here in the hospital with artwork on display with a legend about the who/what/why the piece was done for. Here is the main info poster. I will post what I liked the most.
























3 comments:

  1. I like the birds and the one of the man having the big jolly laugh!
    BEautiful.
    Praying for y'all now.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vern and Deb,
    Thanks for the news! And the art show.
    I really liked the 'laughing man' and what was written about that one. And the bird or birds.....the colors are beautiful. What was the name of that one?
    Sending love, hugs, many prayers,
    Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The calendar really made me smile, too. Praying for you! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete