Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In Arkansas

Weds evening and one more test to go in the morning...Deb's fav, the bone marrow test! Friday am we see the doc, then home in Gracie if the weather cooperates. We may have to fly home Saturday if it is still bad on Friday.

It was a long day and after a short nap, we visited our local Brazilian restaurant where Deb had her favorite soup, a chicken-palm heart soup. She tried to get a take out bowl for breakfast but they ran out. After supper we drove around and looked at Christmas lights before returning to the Markham House.

In a previous post there was a pix of Deb doing crafts at the table. She had written a little note that read:


I hope you enjoy this little gift of a hand-dyed hankie and candy mints.

I custom dyed this little silk hankie for you in burgundy, the color designated for Multiple Myeloma.  Burgundy is an appropriate color for a blood disorder. As I looked up the meaning associated with burgundy I was shocked to discover that burgundy is connected with a "fierce struggle requiring the depth of character needed to make a bold plan, take a stand, call in your allies, and be determined to victory."  Is that not true for a Multiple Myeloma patient!?! 

I am particularly happy to give this to you since late October-early November of last year I was struggling with two blood infections and really wondered if I was going to survive. The irony of the journey from DIE? to DYE! causes such rejoicing for me.

Deb Darley
debdarley.blogspot.com

Deb gave out small silk hankies with some mints inside along with this note. For special nurses she had large scarfs.

She visited each nurses station and lady patient she could find in the transplant and infusion center and passed these goodies out along with a verbal blessing. What an encouraging gal! I'm so proud of her!

2 comments:

  1. And I am proud to call her "My Friend"
    Paul L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you look up "encourager" in the dictionary, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw your picture, Deb! Mary Roberts

    ReplyDelete