Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday Field Trip to the Varsity


May 29th (today) is my father's 86th birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!

All Dad wanted was a family outing to the Varsity. If you are not familiar, it is the world's largest drive in eatery and is in downtown Atlanta across from Ga Tech.

Deb was feeling OK, so we joined the party along with my parents, and sister Kay and her husband Lee who drove up from Warner Robins.

A 'greasy' time was had by all! Good onion rings! I had two slaw dogs. Ummmm good!

2 comments:

  1. I may forget to tell you, but I faithfully read your blog. It is a great reminder to pray, and I enjoy all the news and family photos. I had fun this week showing off the latest baby pics to Elizabeth. She so enjoyed seeing the precious little ones! It was such good news that the doctor shared. I rejoice with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, it was fun hearing about your dad's birthday, Vern. Love, jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I do love Varsity hot dogs. Your dad didn't want a picture of everyone in a Varsity paper hat? I am glad you were able to get out, too, Deb. I hope to get up to Griffin in June after school is out and will plan a day with you. Love, Mary Roberts

    ReplyDelete