Thursday, March 8, 2012

Loss of a close classmate-Iva Jo Hilton

Deb (L) and Iva Jo Hilton (R) June 2010

This morning I got one of those calls you hate to get. Bubba Hilton called to tell me that yesterday was Iva Jo's funeral service in Mississippi. Iva Jo and Deb were buds through most all our cancer treatments. We stayed in touch. They visited while taking chemo, compared notes, and generally just enjoyed being together except for the circumstances. They were both Southern Belles, so the 'south-mouth' was fun to listen to!

Bubba said that Iva Jo's numbers were good, she was in remission, and Sunday she drove herself to church and to the grocery. During the night she sat upright in bed, called his name, and died in Bubba's arms. It was a total surprise.

Bubba said he monitors this blog, so feel free to leave comments for Bubba. He is still somewhat in shock. Blessings on you, brother!

This is the third close classmate we have lost.

I was at work so after I took lunch to Deb, I told her. She laid in my lap and cried. We talked about the fact that it could be her and discussed plans if it became so. Praying it will not be anytime soon.

Leaving for Arkansas Saturday morning.

Appreciate your prayers!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all those who Iva Jo's life touched...especially Bubba, Vern, and Deb. You have my sympathy. Emma

    ReplyDelete