Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pray Please

Good Morning, Dear Ones,

Today about 1:30 we see Dr. Nair to get the "roadmap" for the next session. Immediately after meeting with him we go to have the Cook Triple inserted in my neck and chest. Chemo therapy begins on Friday and will continue daily for 4 or 5 days (Dr. Nair will clarify the time schedule this afternoon) and then I will have the stem cell transplant.

This morning I awoke with anxiety. Remembering what Dr. Bergstrom had said I take some medication to help. I may have to take even more. The anxiety affects my breathing and swallowing. I do not like it!

I am so hopeful that I will be able to get through this session without a trip to the hospital. Amanda and Jon's baby Eliana is due July 19 and Trey (without Katka and Evelyn) will be home August 12 -17. Each of these are major life events for me. I am so hopeful that I will be doing well so we can enjoy both events.

Since I cannot skip this treatment, I am appealing to you to continue to pray that I will respond quickly and well. Thank you for your faithfulness to pray for us and our family. We are very grateful.

Love to all.
Deb

6 comments:

  1. Deb, I will be praying for peace and for success of the treatments. It is a comfort to know that the LORD is present with you and Vern as you walk this path. I am daily encouraged as I read your blog and see your faith and the LORD's provision for you, though I am sorry that you have all of this to face. I really like your new bling:). Keep those blogs coming. Steve and I want to hear!!! Many hugs to you both, jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got you covered with prayer! I know what that anxiety feels like, so I'll specifically pray for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Seeing your pictures and hearing your words is so wonderful!! I know the treatments are very difficult.....just keep thinking of those sweet grandbabies and you'll do just fine.
    much love to you......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb,
    Praying for you today. I was looking through my favorite verses this morning and I like this one for you today: "The LORD's unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise." Lam. 3:22-23
    He is right there with you, holding you as you go through your procedures. He will bring you through it.
    We love you,
    ♥Bruce & Daria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying, praying, praying.
    Lord, Jesus, we ask for your mercy!
    Protect Mrs. Darley from infection and extreme sickness. Let the chemo bring 100% death to the cancer cells and 100% life to the rest of her. Protect the cells that it doesn't need to touch.
    Lord, we ask for your PEACE to FILL her. YOU are able to KEEP her. We put her body and her mind and her heart on your hands and we ask you to care for her.
    Thank you Lord. Amen.
    PEACE, PEACE, PEACE and courage to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb! I continue to pray to God for a speedy recovery and to give you the strength to endure all these procedures. Keep your focus on your grandbabies ! You are an amazing lady. Keep your courage and faith. We have you in prayer daily.
    Love and miss you!
    Mia and Bill

    ReplyDelete