Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dec 26th-a big day

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++





My late grandmother Foster would often make a family heirloom cake-she called it a Japanese Fruit Cake-for Christmas. For our wedding she made one for my groom's cake. She's been gone a long time now but my aunt Esther has the secret family recipe and made one for Christmas.Today she brought it to us from Gray, Ga. Her son Jason, a Marine based in Okinawa also visited us with his wife and two children. Of course, my Uncle Alton Foster-better known to me as 'Unk' tagged along also. My aunt Esther was also state president of the women's Pilot Club. Thanks!









Trey, Katka, Evelyn were here. Amanda, Jon, and Eliana joined us. Stephen had to go to work mid-afternoon. The two young cousins got to romp together even as the multiple generations of older cousins enjoyed visiting.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful cake made by a beautiful lady. Wonderful pictures of sweet family times together! I love them all!
    Love, hugs, & prayers, Em

    ReplyDelete