Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday - Trey and Vern

Celebration of Deb's Life
Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
11am EST
Grace Evangelical Church
164 Flat Creek Trail
Fayetteville, GA
30214
http://gracechurchfayette.org
 
+++++++++++++++++++
 
So, how does one move back into a home after being gone for months after loosing a spouse? I don't know yet. It still is so surreal. When I got home last night I was about as tired as ever. The greeting by all my airport buds made me fell so loved. Thanks all!

I've had an anxiety about fitting back in with our old friends at the airport, the church, the workplace, and my extended family. Last night the airport welcome resolved that anxiety. This morning Trey and I went to church where we were warmly welcomed. After an extended time of hugs and greetings, we were invited to a friend's home for a good lunch and some TLC. Thanks friends! Someday this busy week I'll visit the workplace and greet all our friends there. Saturday will be the relatives. 

This morning's service had a special interview with dear friends who had gone thru a 10 day period of the birth, sickness, and death of their grandson, baby Noah. There were so many similarities in the emotions and descriptions with what I'm feeling about losing Deb.

Trey and I have had long conversations about our situation. His wife Katka and baby Evelyn were planning to come from Belgium on Thursday, but both are sick. 

For those coming on Saturday, put on your happy face and come to celebrate Deb's life and all she meant to you. Got a story? Be ready to share! No morbid faces allowed!

Old Owen's gang folks and out of towners plan on coming to the house after the service. We have some catching up to do!

When Deb and I left on Aug 23, we expected to be home in a few weeks. We sort of left the house as it was. Before we came home, angels broke in and cleaned the place up. Thanks angels!
 
The reality is that I have to go through drawer by drawer, closet by closet to deal with Deb's personal items and start single life in an organized fashion. I removed things like tooth brushes, combs, half bottles of hand creme, etc. Deb was a lifetime journal writer. We found notebooks and pages all over the house. Amanda will be the caretaker of those.

Tomorrow I have to pick up 6 weeks of mail, meet with our pastor to work out service details, do banking, continue to cleanup for Saturday in the garage, rest some, answer beaucoup phone calls and emails, visit my elderly parents, etc

I'm so tired! But rest will come once I learn to sleep all night long again.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the Lord gave you a good day, so glad, thanks for writing, so we can know how you are all doing. We in Little Rock miss you - - we talked of Deb and you on the night shift this weekend, how especial she was, and how many here that she impacted. Peace and hugs, to our family in Christ. Love from F7, and Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vern, I am so sorry that I fell behind in reading the blog. We have been in Florida away from our emails. When I opened it this morning, I saw that Deb has gone to glory. Oh, how she must be feeling right now! No pain, no needles, no ports......just glory. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vern, thanks for being so open about what you are going through. It helps to know how and what to pray. You are in our prayers. I look forward to seeing you Saturday and celebrating the life of your precious wife.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete