Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday-Kids Still here


Deb made this 5 x 7 gift in 2004. It has hung by my closet door all these years. Tonight as I gazed upon it and re-read the words I have so often read, my eyes swelled with tears. It's as if Deb thanked me in advance for all we've been through.

It's by the countless small deeds of our life we are best known.

Thank you, Vern,  for your countless deeds of love.

Deb Darley
2004

Trey, Katka, and Evelyn are still here.They fly out to Belgium on Thursday afternoon. This evening I babysat Evelyn for about an hour and a half so Trey and Katka could have time together.

Today I went back to work. Everyone was so kind to me. I also filed some insurance forms to begin the process for what lies ahead.

Our whole family has enjoyed the 25 year old movie, The Princess Bride. Tonight Trey, Katka, and I watched it again. Deb would laugh so hard every time she saw it.

Little 2 1/2 year old Evelyn has been asking for 'Bobbie-Debbie'. That's her lingo for Grandmother Debbie. Amanda's kids called Deb 'Mimi'. But, in Evelyn's Czech language, Mimi means baby. So, 'Baby-Debbie' did not make sense to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment