Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vern's Day + UPDATE

Celebration of Deb's Life
Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
11am EST
Grace Evangelical Church
164 Flat Creek Trail
Fayetteville, GA
30214
+++++++++++++++++++++++
The condo is packed. Food given to neighbors. Condo listed with our realtor friend, Ann Pace. Any classmates wanting a jam-up single floor condo 2.5 miles from UAMS, call Ann quickly. Pace Realty @ 501 425-6200

Just a few details and Vern will be ready to return to Ga.

There will be more posts as we approach next Saturday's celebration. Hopefully we can give folks a good representation of the Celebration of Life if you are unable to attend in person.
It was bittersweet going thru Deb's emails and phone contacts trying to make sure all her buds were contacted. Then I deleted her numbers out of my phone. Didn't expect to have to do that.

I'll be spending the rest of the day getting home and will try to do an update later today or tomorrow. Amanda made the 07:45am flight home to be with her family.

Thanks for all the emails and calls! You have blessed us so much!
Blessings

Vern

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Home! We are all at home!

It worked out so friends could fly out to Arkansas to help me get Redbird back to Georgia safely. I did not feel it wise to fly back by myself after such a week.

Redbird had been in the hangar since Aug 23. She had a weak battery from lack of charging so I dropped by a friendly hangar full of airport RV guys next door who were finishing their meeting. A number of them knew me and my story. I interrupted them and explained that I had just lost my wife and might need help getting Redbird out of the hangar and started. They all jumped up to help. As we crossed the ramp, one of the gents asked for more details about Deb. I told him about Deb, the cancer battle, and being at UAMS. He started to cry as he told me he lost his wife to cancer ten years ago.
I thought to myself how great a loss that ten years afterwards he was still so moved. I wondered how I would be doing in ten years.

My friends soon arrived and Dave rode back with me with no sweat on the trip.

We arrived back in Peachtree City after dark and the hangar was full of well-wishers. At least thirty friends plus my children were there to welcome me home. What a warm greeting! Thanks all!
Then home. Angels had cleaned the house and left food in the fridge. It was so good to eat a sandwich at my own table! Thanks all you angels who have served us so well!

I was so tired I headed to bed. Then I awoke and wrote this update but I'm about to turn off the lights and sleep some more. You see, in the past three years of caring for Deb, I've slept with one eye open so I could take care of her needs. Now I'm the needy one and will have to learn to sleep through the night again.

We have been so blessed! Thanks to all who have loved us and committed acts of service and love!

Blessings!


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment