Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday at home

It's been a restful day for Deb. That is the prescription for the next two weeks. Last night was the first night since about Feb that Deb slept in her own bed. She's slept in three different recliners and a hospital bed until last night. The six back repairs have certainly helped and she is much more mobile than before Arkansas. Do not get in the way of that walker or you will get run over!

Work has been non-stop for me since we got home. Mountains of mail, arranging with our local Doctor for the 3 tests per week that he will send to Arkansas, etc. Lots of to-do's!

I go back to work Monday and Amanda and friends will be helping Deb. We couldn't make it without everyone's help! Thanks!

Until we go back to Arkansas, I suspect these updates will become more routine and perhaps even more boring. The action will definitely pick up in two weeks because we will be having the first of two stem cell transplants and chemo,etc.

Thanks for hanging in there with us!

This message was approved by Deb!

Vern

6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you're home and hope to see you soon, Precious Deb!!!!! xOx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear this good news!! I know you are glad to be back in your own bed.....resting is sure easier there! Take it easy for the next two weeks and let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You are constantly in my prayers. Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the news. I have been wondering how the pain management has been going. I hope no more patches and blisters for you! I hope you have some great times with God in the early morning Georgia sunshine! Keep resting!! Which may be harder for you to do when your energy levels start picking up--but REST!! Vern, I know there is a lot to do and going back to work is going to be even more catching up. But REST for you, too, is in order before you go back to AR going it alone again! We love you!! Barbara (and John)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BORING is what we all WANT!!! You both have had a lifetime of trama in the last few months!!! Lets hope all your reports of boring. Keepem" coming! :)! Love, Y

    ReplyDelete
  5. With you two and this new awakening of trasparency It could not get boring . . .maybe time limited. ; Someone else may have to scratch out a blog or two but not boring.

    Usually have a latest blog pasted to my kitchen wall after Harold read it. Thanks.

    M&H Thomp

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU MADE IT!!! Fantastic news. I'm so glad you are home. I'll see you soon Deb.

    ReplyDelete