Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday am-High Anxiety

Deb stretched herself yesterday and paid for it evening, night, and this morning.All last week we saw a 'miracle week' as Deb regained strength and abilities. As we have begun preparing to return to Arkansas next weekend, Deb has become fretful and having anxiety attacks. This morning, in her best Tennessee vernacular, 'she ain't worth killin'.

Knowing what procedures are ahead of her, and having had the unexpected 11 days in the hospital has left her in high anxiety that it may happen again.

The medical staff has seen this before and given meds to calm patients who all face these issues, but for some reason this anxiety is worse than normal.

Last night she tried sleeping in our bed, the chair, and the hospital bed. She wandered about the house and circled aimlessly.

We have called a number of prayer warriors and ask for your prayers also.
We are seeing our Dr before lunch today.

Please pray. I've not seen Deb like this before.

Vern

9 comments:

  1. I'm definitely praying. My mom experienced this a lot when she was on chemo, so I know how hard it can be to see a loved one going through this level of anxiety. It can be a very helpless feeling, so I'm praying for you as well. May God's peace that passes all understanding settle over both of you as you approach the day of returning to Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb and Vern,
    We have been keeping up with your blog as best as we can. You are definitely in our prayers. May God's peace that passeth all understanding guard your hearts and minds.
    We are facing some tough issues here: my Mother, Madge, is is the last stages if Alzeimer's living at home with us. Hospice helps us too, PTL! She also has Parkinson's. Please pray for us too. I'll try to email you too. Wish we could just stop in (from OH) and give you guys hugs! Love, Janet and David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for both of you...peace for Deb and rest for both of you through the night. Kim Green

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for both of you! Mary Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry and Michelle GillespieJune 22, 2010 at 8:06 AM

    Psalm 23

    A psalm of David.

    1 The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
    2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    3 He renews my strength.
    He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
    4 Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
    I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
    Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
    5 You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
    You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
    6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
    and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.

    We are reminded all to well of the thoughts and feelings you are having. May God's Holy Spirit give both of you the strength, courage and comfort you need. Call on His Holy name, expect and trust Him to work daily in your hearts. He has all authority in Heaven and on earth. He is always with His children.

    We are praying for your healing, your strength, your physical comfort but mostly that you be at spiritual rest in our loving Father's arms.

    In brotherly love,

    Larry & Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. We keep praying for y'all. May the Lord give you peace though circumstances don't warrant it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lord Himself has turned today into a day of prayer, some requests came in and you all are remembered!! The Lord is hearing MANY prayers for you all and HE is FAITHFUL!

    Love,

    Jim and kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our family continues to pray for the both of you.

    Lots of love,

    Allen and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will continue to pray for Deb, and for you, too, Vern. Love you guys.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete