Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday evening

Deb has had a good day. Her mobility, mental sharpness, and demeanor are great. Friend Lisa left this morning. Amanda and Jon came down for supper. Deb felt good enough for us to all go to our favorite Pizza joint here in Peachtree City where we ran into friends Jo and Al. Deb has been enjoying the few brief outings she has had.

We both are dreading going back into the hospital environment because we know the pain that lies ahead. However, the hope of a future that is cancer-free is motivational.

Amanda is at the beautiful pregnant stage with delivery in a few weeks. Deb is really sad to possibly miss the arrival. We had planned to be returning from a trip to Brussels to see Evelyn about now and then be with Amanda for her delivery. Both plans are changed. But, if we get thru these treatments, then we can be with both grandchildren in the future and get a chance to really spoil them!

I have been in a planning funk for a few days considering what bills must be paid, the weather for the flight back, duties that must be dealt with at work, insurance forms to be filed,etc. There is a lot to do and I prefer a quiet methodical process, not last minute bedlam.

Tonight we had free entertainment in the back yard. Deb had tossed a seed ring for birds into the back yard. An aggressive squirrel got to it first. A hungry chipmunk would approach it. The squirrel kept eating until the chipmunk was close,then he would turn and chase the chipmunk away. This act repeated itself for an hour. Deb finally asked me to chase the bully squirrel away so the chipmunk could eat. Then the squirrel got enough boldness to creep back up to the seed ring. After awhile we heard the screech of the hawk on a nearby limb. Wonder how this food-chain excitement will end?

We'll miss these shows in the coming weeks!

The phone rang a few minutes ago and it was the Ark. hospital confirming tests for next week. Our new apartment is reserved and Gracie is gassed and ready to go. So, Lord willing, off we go in the Sunday morning coolness.

Blessings all!

Vern

6 comments:

  1. Dear ones, claim the scripture, Perfect love cast out all fear...I will pray that God's love for you both will deliver you from the fear of the antispated.

    So thankful that Deb is able to enjoy her time at home.

    Love, Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vern adn Deb:

    I just had to write to wish you God's love. I am very happy for your humor in this time of trial. I am going to email Bobby the part about the squirrel and chipmunk. That is so funny.

    I know the dread of going back. The Lord's love and peace are with you.

    Deb Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and prayers go with you both, always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got to have a special visit with Lisa! We are continuing to pray for you as you start another round of treatments so far away from home again. We love you both!
    Mary Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vern & Deb,
    I am so glad you had a nice relaxing time at home. Our prayers will be with you this weekend as you travel west. Isaiah 12:2 says "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid, for the LORD GOD is my strength and my might; He has become my salvation."
    Our thoughts and prayers are traveling with you,
    ♥Bruce & Daria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb,
    Tried to reach you by phone. I am so sorry I have not been to see you more but did not want to interfer with your college friend visit. Have had some health issues also. I hope the muffins were good. I will try to call again but KNOW that GOD watches and intervenes. I love you both.
    Chawol
    David says Hi and we pray for you guys daily.

    ReplyDelete