Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quick Update from Amanda

Mom and I had a lovely morning at the clinic. We felt it was about time that Dad had a day off. We were in isolation again today, but Mom's labs were all continuing to trend upward. She needed platelets and additional infusers of antibiotics to keep the infection in check.

Tomorrow is a long day for both of us. Mom has a full schedule with two MRI's plus her clinic appointment. I'm sure Dad will be running around, since I'm having the Quinton installed at 7:30am and Mom's has an MRI at 7:45am.



Interesting Fact:Platelets are gold they turn green if you take birth control

So grateful to all the blood product donors that have helped mom

The first thing every nurse does is draw blood- it's like their greeting


Mom's Homework-infusers

3 comments:

  1. That's really great! It's been so long since Mom had such an uneventful day. :-D I'll be thinking of you today, Sis, I know getting that port inserted will be unnerving to say the least. Wish it could've been me instead but thanks for being such a phenomenal trooper! Hope Jon & the kids are making out okay in your absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this at 7:15 am and an praying earnestly as you have the port installed and Deb has another full day of tests. Thanks for the update and pix and for Vern's day off! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you today. As my mother always reminds me right before I face something stressful or scary: "Be still, and know."

    ReplyDelete