Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday

Our rest and recuperation continued today with Deb sleeping most of the day in the sun room while I occupied the den couch. I sorted meds and medical records and continued moving us back in and organizing our life again. This evening I went out to the grocery armed with Deb's list and as I was checking out my cousin Daria and her husband Bruce walked into the grocery store. What are the chances of that?

I used a turkey leftovers to make some purloo for our late supper. Soooo good!

Deb's transitioning off the large number of meds down to a more modest number. She also wants to begin tapering off the strong pain killers, but that may take a while.

This evening we enjoyed the Christmas special with Andrea Bocelli-David Foster and other musicians. Our year has been so unusual it's hard to imagine the Christmas season being upon us. Where has 2010 gone?

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to enjoy Eliana's first Thanksgiving with her...and family. Glad you are resting and recuperating....yep, those pictures of Deb in the sunroom looked pretty relaxed and cozy.
    Ok, Vern, I'm learning so many things beyond what is happening with Deb in your blog. I had to google purloo. Never heard of it! Probably have made something similar, but called it stew. :) PUR-low is the correct pronunciation? That's what google said.
    Keep getting settled back into this life. We are so glad you are home!!
    Love, hugs, & prayers, Em

    ReplyDelete