Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday evening


Food angel Ann adds her verse to our sun room verses. I printed a number of your verses and placed them in the room.

If you remember the 'dare to wear Deb's wig' from Sunday, I collected from the good doctor today and donated the earnings to the office coffee fund. Several more funds to collect. Dave..Steve...PAY UP!

Deb napped a lot today but continues to amaze me with her normalcy. We are so grateful for signs of health. Hopefully the tests next week will confirm health instead of a return of myeloma advances.

The whole time we have been home Deb has wanted to drop by her school. On the way to the hospital where we have her twice-weekly at-home blood tests, we stopped in for a quick visit. We only went in the office and guidance areas where she found the principal and staff in their weekly staff meeting. Deb is fearless and marched right in where she was warmly greeted and hugged by her former associates. She amazed them by the improvements since they had last seen her. Deb left feeling missed and very much loved.

We had a nice phone chat with our nephew Joshua Darley who is in the federal prison in Buckner, NC. There is a procedure to accept or reject calls from prisons which is part of their phone system. We always enjoy hearing from Joshua. My parents and sister just returned from the long drive up for a short visit.

My mind is now set on planning the return to Arkansas and all that means for us.

1 comment:

  1. Deb-
    You are very much missed and loved!!!!! I wish I had been in the office to see you, but I'm just glad you were able to stop by. Remember my same old trailer door is always open... you can even drive right up to it and honk and I'll come right out :-)

    Keep on healing, Deb!!!!
    Love,
    susan walton

    ReplyDelete