Thursday, September 30, 2010

My walk


Ever since we arrived in Arkansas in March the area across our busy street has been under construction. They completed remodeling War Memorial Stadium a while back. The 1/4 mile walking trail is now opened. So, watching it out the apartment window is one thing; seeing it up close is another. After giving Deb her supper and seeing she was able to do without me for a while, I took a walk.

The stadium door was opened so I asked the guard if I could duck in for a moment. He said a planning session was underway for a breast cancer walk. I told him my wife was here for myeloma treatment and he said his brother who is from Little Rock was also being treated for multiple myeloma at UAMS. He let me in.

The Arkansas Razorbacks play two games a year in this stadium. Several other local colleges play their games here. On Friday and Monday nights High Schools play here. Pretty impressive, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment