Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wonderful Email

Vern,

I am the piano player you spoke with this afternoon at the cancer
institute.  I enjoyed our short visit and appreciated your very kind
words.  You mentioned your wife and the blog you have ­ I just read
through it and want you to know your wife will certainly be in my
prayers.  We never know how our experiences in life will connect us with
others ­ you and your wife are very special people and I know you are
helping many others by the way you are dealing with your situation.

I noticed Dr. Emanuel mentions your blog and your wife's journey in his
"welcome message" on the Institute webpage.  He is a great doctor.  UAMS
is a wonderful place  full of medical professionals who truly care about
their patients..  I can only imagine how difficult it must be living in
one state and coming here for treatment, but no doubt ­ you are where
you are supposed to be.

It was a pleasure meeting you this afternoon and please tell your wife
I'm glad she enjoyed the piano music from her treatment room.  Perhaps I
can meet her one day soon.

My best to both of you.

Sincerely,

Laura

Dr. Laura Bednar
Assistant Commissioner
Arkansas Department of Education
501-683-4800

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Her statement that... "We never know how our experiences in life will connect us with
    others. ­ You and your wife are very special people and I know you are helping many others by the way you are dealing with your situation" sums up what God has done through you. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the snippet of piano music. It is very soothing. I can only imagine how comforting it is for people receiving treatment. Good medicine.
    ♥Daria

    ReplyDelete