Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Monday

Good Morning, Dear Ones!

I am starting this week with hopeful anticipation. Will you pray with/for me for these things? Seriously (1) please keep praying that the Lord will heal me by His chosen means.

I don't sleep well. For a number of nights it was because I had the panic "what if" scenerios running in my mind. For the last few nights it has just been being awake...seriously awake. I am rejoicing that it is without the anxiety that accompanied the previous wakefulness; but, (2) I need nighttime sleep. It is the time for the body to heal and repair and I really need it.

I need the insurance company and UAMS to get their contract for me done so I can begin treatment. I am just in a waiting game for them to decide the terms of this out-of-network arrangement.(3) Please pray that they will get this done quickly giving us the best financial terms they have ever extended to anyone.

(4) Since dear Dr. Chuck gave me the antibiotic and I have stopped running a temperature, I have thought of myself as over the pneumonia. However since I still am doing such a poor job of keeping the little red ball afloat in the little breathing exerciser, I know that this is still a prayer concern. Actually during the tests I had in Little Rock the "pulmonary lady" told me that I would not be allowed to proceed with some treatment (sorry I forgot which) until my lung function was significantly better.

(5) Details, details, details...I know that there are so many things that are necessary for us to go to Little Rock for treatment. Please pray that we will become aware of the things that need to be done and have them accomplished in God's perfect manner and time.

(6) Strength and courage for Vern. He is carrying a heavy load with such grace and gentleness toward me. I cannot begin to know what and how he is doing it. He is managing everything with the help of you dear, kind, wonderful friends and siblings in the Lord. We are overwhelmed with your generosity in every way. A new need that Amanda and I have been discussing is how to handle the long treatments in Little Rock. Please pray with us that the Father will make that clear in His timing as well.

Thank you so much for your kindness to us. Last night as I lay awaking I realized that I needed to ask you to pray specifically for these things and my battle with fear. The Father may lay other specific things on your heart to pray for us. I am so grateful that He has this way of spreading needs and prayer to many different hearts.

I know I have filled your morning. Thank you for your love and care for us. Have a wonderful day.

Deb

11 comments:

  1. Deb, You and Vern display remarkable strengh that is a blessing for all of us that love you and follow your blog. There is a chorus of voices offering prayer in your behalf. We know that that his will is to use your experiences to bring us closer. Don't try to carry the burden alone. Rest assured that you are loved. Please get some rest! Bruce and Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you so much. I will be praying more specifically today. Remember, you are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, both here and there. May God's manifest presence comfort you today. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for points of prayer, as I report the needs to my prayer partner at church. I can't imagine the wee hours of the night, tired...that is when the mind can wander with the What if's. there is no distractions from it. I will pray that even in your tired state that you will be able to "take captive" scary what if, thoughts. Remember I am avaiable to come stay with you from time to time in Little Rock. Love, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Jennifer and I work with Kay. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family everyday. We have never met but we are all part of the family of God. Take care my Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb: Last night, we were awake at the same time! God woke me with thoughts of you and Vern and called me to pray. God is letting your warriors know of your needs even before you so clearly articulate them. I am so thankful for His enabling you to be so clear minded in stating your needs even with so many meds running through your system and so little sleep. Also, know that I volunteer to go to Little Rock to help as much as I can and as you need--SWA flies from SAT to LIT daily. I don't even really need much lead time generally, since my schedule is fairly flexible. It would be great to have time to catch up over all these years! Barbara Voss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I'm praying that the Lord will ease your anxiety...so many things to thing through and wonder about. It's ok to give them to Jesus. Doesn't mean you're giving up nor that you're weak. Just means that He can carry them and you have all you can do just to get through the day. You are always in my prayers. Thank you for your list of "concerns." Praying that miracles will abound at the Darley home!!! It's all possible! Love and true peace to all of you. Kim Green

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Deb,
    I have prayed for you today - as I was praying I thought of my 2 godly grandmothers and the influence they had in my life. I prayed that with these TWO little lives about to join your family - that God would grant you the grace, health, and strength to invest many, many years in their lives - You will be a wonderful grandmother!!! Love to you!! Cindy Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb and Vern,
    I got back from Tallahassee last night where Sylvia and I worked on the newsletter all weekend. It looked perfect to me. Then when I got home and emailed it to Bill, he called and said we left out 3 things. So I had to make room by moving things and deleting things. I had a lot of pictures from Trey and Katka's party last summer, but had to take all of them out except 2 -- one of you two and one of Trey and Katka. I am trying to get the newsletter mailed this week. It still has to go to the printer (hopefully today) then we have to get it ready for mailing -- addresses and stamps on 350 of them. Then hopefully to the post office by Friday. That would be great. My goal is to mail it by the 30th (Saturday), but Friday would be even better. It would be much easier if I wasn't working full time.
    Bruce is having outpatient rotator cuff surgery Friday morning. That's another thing I have to cram into this week.
    No matter how busy I am, though, I will make time to pray for you guys. Yours is a daily uphill battle for the time being. I met a lady last weekend from Little Rock and I was telling her about you. She has 2 friends with multiple myeloma who live in Little Rock and went to the same hospital for treatment that you are going to. Both friends are healthy and doing well. She said one of them plays golf everyday. I have her email address and she wants to know when you get to Little Rock so she and her friends can shower you with love and support.
    Rest well and let us know when the baby arrives.
    We love you,
    ♥Bruce and Daria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb,
    I've been including your special husband in my prayers for you all along :) I will pray specifically now for the things you mentioned. You and your amazing family are in my heart constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, Often the times I stop and offer prayer on your behalf are during the quiet hours of the night, too. It's so good of you and Vern to let us "in" with you both in ways that allow for such personal and specific intercession before the throne of God's grace. I believe prayers of this kind please Him.
    Thanks for posting the picture of your visit Saturday with Lisa and Vince. Your smile reminded me of the cute dimples I fell in love with those many years ago. The smile and the dimples haven't changed a bit!
    My love to you.
    Cecil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I am sitting here reading your blogs and crying and thinking of how very much I love you and Vernie and your children. I pray continually and ya'll are continually thought of. I told Vernie that I asked for a week off so I could go to Arkansas at some point when ya'll need me. love bunches, kay

    ReplyDelete