Sunday, April 25, 2010

You have made it such a sweet day!

Vern told me this morning that he had asked you to respond to his post today. I was less than encouraging; but he had already made the post before he told me. I just did not expect you to respond with the dear comments you've made. You have made today so sweet.

We had "before church" visitors who brought a wonderful breakfast casserole and then the comments began. It was as if you each came by for a quick visit. Some days I just feel lonely even with people around me. I know you have had that experience. Today, you made me feel so loved even though you were not physically here. I cannot begin to thank you for your outpouring of love and care.

Vern had such a great idea today. I have had trouble sleeping the last few nights and he gave me such a sweet gift though you. Thank you for the time and encouragement you gave me today. May you have the very best week. Love you. Deb

7 comments:

  1. Deb, I'm praying you'll have peaceful sleep tonight. And Vern, I'm praying that you'll wake up ready to face a new week. (Or should I say new day...Take one day at a time, right?)
    Your family stays in my prayers.

    Love, Kim Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deb and Vern, Linda and I ended this evening with prayer doe healing as God's healing power IS at work. Love to you. David and Linda Swindall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb amd Verm & famly, I read the blog regularly and pray for you all. It is like I am sitting there talking to you when I read the blog, because it is so real and personal. I know God has a plan for your life and I am excited to see what He has in store for you. I will see you when the time is right.

    Love, Jackie King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deb,

    The fact that you were able to make a entry means you probably had a better day. PTL! Journal-ing via blogging can be very theraputic for you. It is also a great way to relive how the Lord has sustained you through the peaks and valleys of this journey. It also keeps your telephone from ringing off the hook!
    Can't wait to see the pictures of the grandbaby! Talked to Eddie today, he is waiting with bated breath from Germnay for the wee Darley to arrive. We will travel a week from today to meet him in Milan. Maybe by then we'll have baby news to talk about! Blessing to you, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb: I love to read the comments by Vern, but I really love to see you comment. I think it is because I feel you must be having a better day. Many of us really do visit with you several times a day. You and Vern have blessed many of us time and time again. I tell people many times how it was you and Vern calling me to your home that made me realize my love for John. You too are possibly responsible for our almost 35 year marriage! God called us together, but he used you to open my eyes to truth! Yes, you have blessed us! If we can walk through this storm and encourage you, that is part of the fellowship of the saints! God be with you, today, my sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    Just wanted to let you know that Michelle and I love you and Vern and keep you both in our prayers. I woke up at 3:45 am and you were the first thing on my mind and I have been praying for you. Thanks so much for your journey and for sharing the journey with us. I thank God for you and Vern and your friendship. I have been looking forward to you and Vern's 120th Birthday Party ever since Vern told me about it last year. Can't wait to celebrate both of your lives.
    Love You,
    Tim Anders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, you can never know how often your comments bring me to tears of joy. God is using you so powerfully to encourage us. Thank you so very much. d

    ReplyDelete