Friday, April 9, 2010

Made it to Friday

Vern and I forgot to change my pain patch until it was over 24 hours overdue. I was wondering why I was feeling so much worse but I had had a busy day and just ascribed it to the increased activity level...WRONG. That mistake made life quite uncomfortable for much too long as we tried to correct the problem. You have heard of learning the hard way...we really did.

We are so grateful for the meals, visits, calls, cards, flowers and gifts. The prayers are so appreciated. We all know that it's the Lord who is in control. It is amazing how many people have family or friends who have successfully battled multiple myelona. It is so encouraging to hear from you. I regret that I am unable to respond to each of you personally. You are blessing me personally and I am so grateful for each expression of your love.

I am just so tired. There are angels who are staying with me daily. I am not able to go to the bathroom consistently. It has been so humbling to accept how much help I really need. These dear ones and all of you are keeping us functioning. I wish I were communicating more but my brain feels a lot like jello. There are so many decisions that must be made and I feel so completely incompetent.

Knowing that I am facing a medical battle we are discussing what would be the best living arrangement for my mother. She is currently in Christian City. My brother lives in Warner Robins and would probably be the better caregiver now.

We have so much paperwork to finish before we get to the University of Arkansas. There is also paperwork that must be filed with the Fayette County Board of Education. Vern says that I am making life hard on him by dropping antecedents for virtually every statement. I think he is just guessing at what I am saying much of the time. Somehow we are making it. I think it's in large measure to Vern's great sense of humor.

Amanda, Vern and I will leave early Sunday afternoon to fly to UAMS in Little Rock. We are soooooo looking forward to that. We have been notified that the doctors plan to do another blood marrow biopsy, a full body scan and BEST OF ALL, stabilize my spine. I know there are a lot of other tests but I am so looking forward to some relief from the back pain that I just cried when she told me.

I am so grateful to the wonderful Lord who is ordering our days and never leaves us. Thank you for permission to ramble. Enjoy every day and LOVE WELL. Deb

1 comment:

  1. Please know we are praying for you. God has given us this opportunity and we are honored. Thanks for the updates, I love the honesty and the humor. Wish we were closer and could help more.
    Ken and Margie Price

    ReplyDelete