Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Grandchild due within a week



{Photo by our talented son-in-law Jon Swindall of swindyfilms.com fame!}

Trey, our oldest son, and his wife Katka are expecting their first child, and our first grandchild within the next week or so. The official due date is a week from today.

Trey and Katka live in Brussels, Belgium.

The little one is to be named Evelyn. A name easily translatable was needed and Evelyn is it. Katka's parents live in Prague,CZ.

Here is little Evelyn's ultrasound.



Here's Katka's email to me from today:

I know - exactly a week from today. It seems almost unbelievable! Evelyn is really lively, kicking her tiny feet up my belly, so I hope she wants to come to this world as soon possible. Trey and I cannot wait.

I have been at home since last Monday, resting a lot and also enjoying the sun that we have been having here despite the dreaded cloud from Iceland.

Stephen was really lucky to get on his plane. It was real fun having him over. We all enjoyed the time spent together and I think he managed to squeeze as much as he could into his visit. I guess he is telling you all about it now. :]]


I have been following Debbie's blog closely and am really happy for any step forward she takes. It was real luck to find this centre in Arkansas and it is great to hear that she is such a fighter - everyone says that is the most important thing in any situation like this> not to give up and fight, fight, fight. I am sure she is so grateful for all the support she gets from you and your friends... I wish we could be here with you right now. This bothers Trey a lot - he would so much love to be more involved and helpful in this crisis. If it weren't for Evelyn coming, he would have gotten on the plane with Stephen, at the latest. It is really the worst timing ever. I really need him by my side right now but as soon as we get to grips with Evelyn, he will fly over and I can go to Prague with Evelyn where I can get some help from my parents... I am not sure when we will be able to fly with her..

Please, give my love to Debbie. I hope we can do a little videochat again once she gets some rest at home.

Katka


My paternal grandmother was also named Evelyn. Trey is Vernon Olin Darley,III ,so you might say that my grandmother Evelyn Darley named Trey since she named my father.

What's this got to do with Deb? FIRST GRANDCHILD! ...and we aren't there and may not be able to travel internationally for a while. Our plans had been to spend part of June getting to know Evelyn, then rushing home for our daughter Amanda's first born,also a girl to be name Eliana.

Our replacements! Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. When I looked at the ultrasound, I couldn't help thinking that it looks like Evelyn is being cradled by a hand. We know that God has Evelyn in His hands. And He has you in His hands, too. I will continue to pray! Bettina Morton

    ReplyDelete