Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Evening

I hope you have had a great weekend. Amanda and Jon came for lunch. Vern and I got to visit with Trey and Katka via skype. We have had phone visits this weekend with so many friends and family. We have been very loved. But, I think I need to go back and fill in some gaps regarding what happened on Thursday through Saturday since I was so mentally "out-of-it". Friday was virtually a "lost day". I really had a hard time with the bone-strengthening medication that I took on Thursday. I couldn't stay focused at all. Saturday was not much better brain-wise; but I didn't have fever and chills. Saturday's big problem was resolving an issue that comes with pain med use. God provided hardware and software to ease the problem. I just have to be careful to use a great fiber consistently.

The doctor's office keeps calling to tell me to "drink, drink, drink". I think I am drinking a lot but clearly that's one of the other things I may not be in reality about. I have to devise a better plan for tracking fluid consumption. (It's hard to drink when you are asleep.)

I'm sleepy right now. It seems that I am sleepy so much of the time. I hope you will forgive crazy mixed up stuff I may write. I am so grateful to the people who are staying with me and providing meals and flowers and wonderful cards and notes. The big treat for tomorrow is that Jessica is coming to my house to cut my hair. She is a brave woman. We are not sure how it's going to work out but if anyone can do it she can. She is awesome. I am blessed with some of the most wonderful friends in the world. Some of them I know and some I don't know yet but in God's wonderful plan we are going to be great friends for a long time. My collab teacher, Eunice, told me that her mother taught her that God brings friends into our live for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. What an amazing insight!! I appreciate each of you for your kindness to our family. Sleep tight and have a wonderful tomorrow! Much love! Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment