Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This is really from Deb :-)

Hi, guys! I guess it's pretty easy for you to figure out that I haven't been writing much. I want to and then by the time I think I can, I'm so sleepy that my eyes just cross and my brain seems to just go blank. So, here's trying. (My next-door-neighbor just brought over some delicious, warm bread pudding and I feel energized to try.)

First of all I want to tell everyone how grateful I am for everything...the prayers, cards, meals, visits, gifts, comments, etc. I keep asking myself how I can possibly thank you. There is absolutely no way. Please know how often I find myself crying because of your expressions of love and concern.

Vern just told you that we are expecting our first two grandchildren this spring/summer. We were so looking forward to visiting the kids and getting to know these special little girls. Disappointing as this is, I know we will have many years together. While I have moments when I feel somewhat dismayed, I believe that the Father has plans for "good and not for evil to give us a future and a hope".

I have been very exhausted since we returned from Arkansas. Finally, I called Dr. Nair's nurse today because of the mishap on Friday.(Van vs Ditch) Funny, it never occurred to go to the hospital out there. Sure wish I had!!! There are several things that could be problems as results. So, tomorrow I have to the doctor here and get x-ray, check to see that I am not coming down with shingles, and confirm that my lungs are okay. It's funny how "fuzzy brained" I am between the pain meds and the anemia. Please pray that everything is okay.

The second thing is the contract that must be written between United Healthcare and the University of Arkansas. Apparently since UAMS is out of network there are special hoops that we much jump through. We have been asking for this process to begin for almost a week and finally the United Health Care person started the process today. Please pray that this hurry along. The UAMS nurse that I spoke with today said that she has known the process to take over 3 weeks and I really need to start treatment. I keep reminding myself that none of this has taken God by surprise. I just have to have patience and believe that He will get it all together at exactly the right time.

Today was a great day because I got to see my brother as well as spend time with Stephen. Friends from church and school dropped by. I am getting really tired. But, I just wanted you ALL to know how very much I appreciate you.

God's richest blessings.

Love, Deb

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb. This is Ellen Ratliff (I don't know if you can see my name on this or not). I saw Faye Williams yesterday and she filled me in on what's been going on with you. Being out of school for so long, I had NO idea you had been diagnosed with anything or were getting treatment. My heart breaks as I know you have so much going on and it's not easy. Please know that I am praying for you and will be adding you to my church's prayer list. You are a fortunate woman in that you have faith and trust in the Lord - He tells us to take joy in trials and tribulations and while I cannot imagine finding "joy" in this situation, I do know that He will bless you in ways no one can imagine. I will be checking back regularly to stay updated. Tell Vern "good job!" for keeping us informed as we all are praying for the best for you.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete