Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Relationships...one step at a time

Yesterday I ran into one of our doctors-Dr. Ali Javed, from Pakistan. He is a young doctor, probably in his thirties and has assisted us a number of times. Anyway, he and I were in an office and I asked him if any of his family had been affected by the flooding back home. He got a far away look and quietly said that over 20% of the country was underwater. He said he could not bear to watch the news and see his fellow countrymen suffering. I gave him a pat on the shoulder and told him I was sorry.

I was concerned about how he would react to my personal comments. Well, today, I got the answer. I was in the waiting area reading and I heard him greet me. I looked up and saw him and a lady Doctor standing beside me. I had just read a report from one on my old USAF Reserve buddies who is still flying the C-130's that I used to fly. He is in Pakistan doing relief work with our old airplanes. I was able to tell him about Ken Holston's report and he was grateful.

Relationships...built one step at a time.


Here's Ken's report: http://www.afcent.af.mil/photos/media_search.asp?q=pakistan

1 comment: