Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday evening

We had a simple day. Labs this morning followed by a visit to the clinic where we enjoyed fellowship  with some classmates. The nurse who calls patients back into the clinic knew us all and soon was calling us back by state and football team, not name. We got a big chuckle over that ! It helped ease the tension.

After we left the clinic I took Deb for lunch and a drive. She played out quickly and requested a trip home for a nap. While she slept I took the car for an oil change and some errands. When I returned I fed her home-made spaghetti with my world famous meat sauce. (You have heard of my meat sauce, haven't you???)

Learning: Deb has very little stamina and needs tons of rest. It's so easy to think she's stronger than she really is because she's looking good and is spunky. This bothers her but reality brings us down to earth: she has cancer and her body has been filled with chemo.

1 comment:

  1. This West Virginia Mountaineer keeps you lifted in prayer and feels your sadness when you lose a friend. Praying for a little more strength each day.

    ReplyDelete