Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday morning

It is slightly cooler this morning. Yesterday morning was awful. Today will be in the mid-90's. A cold snap!

Deb is 'carrying the bag' until Weds morning. It's like a 15 pound anchor that is attached to her jugular 24 x 7 . Since she has a 5# limit on carrying, that means Vern is always 2-3 feet away carrying the bag. So, I tend to find Deb a comfy chair nearby while I cook, do dishes,etc. I can't  be gone too long for the wash or groceries since she may need to move while I'm gone. Fortunately relief comes Weds am when it is removed. The two tubes pinned to her shirt with a tab of tape and a large safety pin make dressing very interesting for her. She has what I call 'Houdini moves' to get her garments on and off while connected. Use your imagination. No pictures! I'd get fired again!

This morning we did our labs at the hotel. A nurse uses an empty room and we get a head start on our day. We have a 9:30 show time for chemo and then a 1:30 class in the spine center.

Deb commented on some of our classmates who were with us this morning. They seem to know her but she does not know them. I reminded her that she met them while suffering from chemo brain last session. Chemo brain does strange things to an otherwise sharp mind.

I talked to the hotel owner Steve this morning. Last session I met his sons who were here visiting. They both live in Seattle. One is an engineer for Microsoft and is a seaplane pilot. The other is an engineer for Google. Bet they have interesting table conversations! Anyway, Steve is headed to Seattle and his son is going to give him a seaplane tour of the great Northwest. I told him that Deb's favorite flying experience was flying with me in a seaplane in and out of Florida lakes. Great sport!

Right now Deb is reading her emails on the iPad. Its lightweight is perfect for her right now.
We are about to head out for the day. Hope yours is wonderful!

We continue to be so thankful for everyone's love and support. We appreciate each one of you!

Vern

No comments:

Post a Comment