Sunday, October 31, 2010

Classmates

Today I met a new classmate  from Istanbul, Turkey. He was the 30ish year  old English speaking son of a sick father. He was so surprised when I told him we'd been to Istanbul and wouldn't a platter of Turkish food be good for lunch?

We shared our four-chair treatment area with a Northern California couple who run a jewelry store. They had to leave the store in the care of their hired hand.  He called them and in his broken English described how the shopping center had been burned by a disgruntled teenager who set it on fire. He said that when the firemen came to the store entrance and said get out, he had run out, pulling the security grid down but leaving the safe open thinking he would be right back. No going back now as there is structural damage.

I had taken in an airplane magazine that I was done with and when California saw it, he asked if he could read it. He has a J-3 Piper Cub back home he longs to fly. I told him I remember my first ride with my father in a Cub. He says his first ride was also with his father in his father's Cub. There were probably a great many first rides in Cubs since it was so popular in the 40's and 50's.

Have you ever had a Cub ride? It's said that it is so slow it will just barely kill you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've been up in a J-3 Piper Cub!! It is neat how many avaiation connections you make.
    Praying for you both to feel Abba Daddy's presence, protection, and provisions.
    Love, hugs, & prayers, Em

    ReplyDelete