Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weds-sliding downhill after a great morning

Deb had another tough day. Many meds and a transfusion followed by a late afternoon battery of more meds and a take-home infuser. She started out as a happy bird and ended the day as a tired bird!


While waiting in the cancer clinic lobby talking to Choo-Choo (named because she grew up in Europe and loved trains), Brenda Wooley, a brand new hospital chaplain on day-one of her service met with us. Congrats and thanks Brenda for your service! We had a nice visit and then began our long day of treatment. Later Choo-Choo's husband Mike had a bad reaction to platelets and had to be admitted to the hospital. Please pray for Mike.

While waiting for Deb, I walked around and picked up some meds from the pharmacy. I came back a different way for exercise. I rode the elevator to the 12th floor and walked down to Deb on the 4th.

Here is  the view to the east toward the Arkansas State Capitol, workplace of Clinton and Huckabee. In flying terms,the weather here has been 'clear and a million'.  Walking down the stairs I encountered some new artwork. Here's one by a Georgia artist from Fairburn.

In case you don't know, I like all things airplane. So, here's the token artwork for Vern.


By days end, Deb was whipped, so I brought her home and then went back for the much needed  infuser. This one takes 5 hours to infuse.


We are running out of grub but I scraped something together and Deb settled into her recliner to read. Later,  a lady I met at breakfast came by to visit. Nancy Avery is a former teacher now real estate person on St Simons. She has completed the cancer treatment and had come back for a periodic checkup. She encouraged us with her faith and her story. It's so nice to see someone on the path ahead of us.

Deb ended the day hungry. I've fed her several bags of popcorn since supper and I'm going to get her an ice cream now at 8:30 at night. I think appetite is a good sign!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree appetite is a good thing. I hope it brings strength and healing. What a beautiful place....and neat art work. Thanks for sharing the journey. Love, hugs, & prayers, Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "clear and a million" like IFR that you guys used to talk about when you all were at Moody AFB. If my memory serves me, it meant "I follow railroad tracks." Praying that the tired bird wakes up a happy bird today! Love, Mary Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord,
    I know you keep Vern and Deb in your arms through this tough time. They know as the "happy" birds do that every day is blessing from you and that you have a plan. So we will give praise to you and thank you that Deb is doing well and will soon be back with us in PTC to enjoy her sunroom.
    Amen
    Thinking of you!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete