Wednesday, May 19, 2010

From Deb-Weds evening

Hi, everyone!

Thank you so much for your love and encouragement. I realized that there has been something special in the mail every day we have been here. That realization was emotionally overwhelming for me. Thank you for the cards, emails, gifts,prayers and love.

We have entered a new phase of treatment getting ready for the stem cell collection. I will go to the lab at 8 am and 4 pm daily for growth shots to stimulate the growth of the stem cells. This is also when they will be watching my white blood count very closely. Seems the crucial numbers are 2, then 0, then going back up past 2 again. Until then you just try to stay as clean as possible and avoid a lot of places,etc. Apparently the usual length of time for the process is 2 weeks. I talked with a lady today who is going to start her collection tomorrow and that was the length of time it took her. My white blood count yesterday was 2.18. I don't know whether that's good or bad really since the body will do what it's going to do in its own time and I just wait.

Today's nurse said that pain in the bones as the stems cells are forced into the bloodstream is the main side effect. She did say that it didn't affect everyone the same way. Please pray that additional pain will be minimal because my bones, particularly my ribs and back, are hurting quite a bit anyway.

This has been an emotional day for me. I miss home, family, friends, etc. Yet I am so grateful to the Lord for carrying us everyday. I know He will continue to supply our needs. Big example: I didn't take one of the main cancer meds that I was supposed to take yesterday. Vern had run an errand and I was looking away from the nurse who was doing the blood draws,etc. A man had tracked me down to do a survey and I was totally distracted. I don't know where the error occurred, I just know God had them find it and give it to me today. The doctor said the deviation will not be a problem. I just rejoice that the Father is overseeing my treatment.

I so appreciate the messages and emails. I wish I were responding to everyone so you would know how special they are to me. I read them on my cellphone as I am waiting for appointments. Often I cry with gratitude that you include me in your life. In fact, there has been a lot of grateful crying just being so aware of being loved and carried by the Lord through wonderful brothers and sisters. It is an overwhelming feeling. God is so good and you are being loving hearts showering me with love and prayers.

Much love,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    Thanks for sharing your heart and life with all of us. God is good! He helps us in the small things and big things. My son, Sam, will be graduating from high school next week and then preparing for a couple of mission trips. Please keep him in your prayer as we will do for you and Vern. Take care and hang in there.

    In His Love,

    Jeff Copeland

    ReplyDelete