Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weds evening

We ended up getting platelets and an IV because of low BP and the total lack of energy Deb has now. She is about at the bottom. When we got back to the hotel, she could hardly push the walker.I tried to talk her into using the wheelchair. I've never seen her with less energy including after giving birth.She's now in her chair and eating a pear. It has to be peeled after a good washing. She can't handle any germs! She is so vulnerable! I have to guard her while she tries to walk for concern she'll fall and break something.

While she was getting her care, several nurses and I visited with David,Israel's son. David is much more social than his father. Of course, he doesn't have cancer either! David has six beautiful kids. He was really interested in Deb's iPad and enjoyed playing with it.

We watched an episode of uTube with the nurses and David. Check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9T8i4FkNVo for a much-needed laugh!

Israel was so mocking the recommendation to get a caregiver just a few days ago. It finally hit him, and he's about like Deb and really glad David is here now. He has been prescribed more meds.

Deb is having lots of imaginary conversations which are getting mixed up with real conversations.She gets testy when I don't jump when she speaks. Right now, I can't tell what is real. She has no antecedents! She demands 'it' or 'that'. She won't be specific. I have to guess!

Glad this is temporary.

Vern

2 comments:

  1. I sosrt of imagine what it must be like for you to see the air plane men and your plate it looks like sitting there. I am glad. when I hear negagtives about blogs I will recall the super use of this. it is ministering to all of us. I think a book is in the making.

    Mary H Thomp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Vern! You're doing an awesome job of taking care of Deb!

    ReplyDelete