Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday am-updated

'What do you do? Read?' the lady asked Deb. "No' Deb replied."Just hurt."

Pain yesterday was 8-9 on the 1-10 scale. This morning Deb reports about 3 and is ravenous. She's having bacon, English muffins, and a pear as we speak.She just asked for another muffin!

Thanks for your prayers!

PTL!

UPDATE: Just back from the Hospital. Deb left here this morning energetic and asking me to rent a car and take her for a drive. She just barely crept back in after morning chemo and is in bed asleep. She said to forget the drive.

I sorted the laundry and got the wash started and in a while will fix Deb's favorite Tilapia with rice and sweet potatoes. I hope she will eat some.She has lost a lot of weight as well as height.

By the way, in Israel Tilapia is called St Peter's fish and the first time I ever had it was at a restaurant on the Sea of Galilee. It could very well be the very kind of fish Jesus and the disciples caught/ate.

Our Jewish friend rode the bus back with us. His first name is Israel. I had to ask him because he never introduces himself. I asked him if he would have some fish with us and he declined. He is very reserved and wears black pants, white shirt, and a black hat over his Yamaka every day.

Yesterday, as one of the few able-bodied ones on the shuttle bus, I volunteered to make a Kroger run. He gave me a list along with others. He made a point of informing me that he always pays back gifts and money and never accepts favors. In fact, even in blizzards back in Brooklyn, he refuses rides to/from synagogue so he will not be beholden to anyone. He lives a very strict life but has no joy that I can see. Today, he got the chemo nurse that is a very loud redneck country gal(all the others are quietly professional) and she really gave him a workout. It was so funny to watch the polar opposites interact during his chemo treatments.

Deb's pain started back up around 10am. She is complaining of being very hot and very cold at the same time. What am I to do to help that?

Blessings all!
Vern

3 comments:

  1. PTL. may the comfort level continue to be enhaned. Blessings, david and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of her eating english muffin etc. better than purple mask. Harold will like the Talapia bit and I like getting to know Israel better.

    What can you do to help her? it would feel better to have something to do. Once more you are helpless. Father help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you both daily. We love you!

    ReplyDelete