Monday, May 24, 2010

David arrives



Israel's son David just arrived from NYC to care for his dad. I introduced myself and offered to help him in any way. We are all so relieved that he is here. Israel has really needed a caregiver, but is so stubborn and ornery, saying he's OK as he totters about. Hotel and hospital staff are also relieved.They had threatened to hire him a helper. Being Orthodox Jew and having a gentile helper would not have set well with him! Probably would have been a female also!

Israel later commented to David that I was a Zionist. Never been called that before. I take it that was an explanation to David that I was OK since I am a friend of Israel.

It did impress Israel when I described my visit to the country Israel many years ago as a guest of the Israeli Air Force.I've been able to discuss openly my support for his people as many evangelical Christians are.In fact,I think there are more Christian supporters of Israel in America than the total number of Israeli's in Israel. The World bank said the 2009 population was 7,308,800.Don't know if that includes the non-Jews or not. Confused yet? Probably more than you cared to know.

Vern

No comments:

Post a Comment