Monday, May 24, 2010

Vern and Deb's posts-inside info

Sometimes I post from my iPhone, like this morning. Later, I edit from the laptop or Deb's iPad. Both have larger screens.One of the clinics we frequent has iPhone service, but no Wi-Fi for the iPad. The laptop stays in the apt.

Some of the posts are done in haste to get important info out quickly and add to it or explain it later.

Occasionally I take or remember I took an appropriate photo that will help our communication and I'll add it to an older post. So, sometimes you might shake your head and say you don't remember a post as you find it. That's because I'm a current revisionist: only new events, not ancient history!

And occasionally I think better about something I've said and delete it lest I offend.

Deb seldom posts unless she is feeling real good. She is hardly able to write, and does very little reading at this point in her treatment.But, I try to read my posts to her and get her input as often as possible. Sometimes she asks me to make a post on a topic.

A cousin said this morning that she reads this blog because its like a soap opera. Hope that's a compliment?

So,that's how we are operating here on 'the front lines'.

Why are you reading it? Please respond below.

Vern

9 comments:

  1. I can't help but read it, because you are such a part of my life. What affects you, affects me as well. We are FAMILY!!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read it to know better how to pray and because you are very special to us. We check in several times a day so we are up on your needs. We also enjoy reading it because you two are so up-beat that your posts bless instead of drag down and we know you are meeting many devine appointments daily and we like being a part of that.

    kathie and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vern and Deb,
    I read the blog to pray for what your needs are on any given day. Lessing of pain, strength, and always that you feel God's hands around you both and it gives you peace.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vern, Your blog fills various needs. I use it to keep up to date with your situation, to learn interesting tid-bits, and for personal inspiration. I print it for the family members that don't have access. By the way, I'm sure glad you have the various tools so you can keep it current.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because we know cancer. And because we love your daughter. And because I know how hard being a caregiver is. And because Stuart knows how hard going though cancer treatment is. So we can pray and stay updated on what i going on with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU both are doing an AWESOME job with the blog. I can't believe you have the emotional strength to relive the days events, espcially the tramatic ones, which seems to be the norm. Watching your beloved wife fight this horriable fight, has got to suck the life out of you also. Your sharing is such a gift for us, who are so far away. We are standing in the gap for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vern,
    When I said your blog is like a soap opera, it was a good thing. Your blog is not dramatic and steamy like soap operas, but it is compelling. I want to read it everyday so I can know what is going on in your lives. It is interesting to read about people you care about, and like Candace said, I know how hard being a caregiver is, and I have a sense from the caregiver's point of view how hard watching Deb go through this is for you.
    This is a chronological record that you can refer back to later on. You can look back and see the progress you made. Also, it is theraputic. You are isolated (for the most part from the world), and you need to vent to maintain your sanity---your therapist's couch, in other words. If you can express your feelings in this way, it will help you maintain your sanity.
    Your bill is in the mail....
    ♥Blessings,
    Bruce & Daria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't laugh. I read it like a daily devotional. It is heart-breaking that you both are going through this and I cry every day when I read about your day. But more importantly, it is spiritually uplifting because you are both glowing reflections of God's love. The blog is a testimony to your deep love and commitment to one another and your faith in our almighty, loving father. Thank you for sharing your love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristi Phillips ZaleskyMay 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM

    Vern,

    Because you and Deb are very important to us and many others. My heart aches for you both and at the same time am inspired by your strength! You are doing a wonderful job with the blog. It is an outlet for you to express your emotions and to stay in touch with those who love you and will lift you up in your tine of need.

    Sending our love and prayers,
    Kristi & Troy

    ReplyDelete