Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday am - Big Day

Good morning, dear ones,

Today the big guns start. I have a bone marrow at 9:15 and then go to the infusion center to get connected to the bag of meds that I will be taking 24 hours a day until Wednesday.I have already been having drug reactions - severe muscle spasms, hallucinations, tremors and slurred speech. The pain medication change has been a little more difficult than expected.

I have been told by patients and nurses that the hardest time will be after the bag is finished. The body has begun to adapt to drugs and they are gone cold-turkey. I don't know what that means in practical terms but it is necessary part of the process getting to the stem cell collection. More details on that later.

I know you are praying and am so grateful to know I can ask you to target these things. I am praying that what the drugs given me goes through the body of Christ into me and kill the cancer cells but bring life to Debbie Darley.

I slept in bed last night using a 12-inch thick foam wedge. A nurse suggested I reverse the order of the muscle relaxers to night and it worked. I am still able eating better than I anticipated. So, please pray as the Lord leads you but included please pray for me to be able to eat so I can take all the pills I have to take at home and not getting nausea so I can keep them down.

We have to get ready to go but I want to share with you that this morning I stood in the middle of the floor and declared that I belong to the Father...I am gratefully his child and I know that He hold me and protects me. He plans for me are for good and not for evil to give me a future and a hope.

Must go get "de-stinky". Love to one and all.
deb

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Debbie, Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always prayed that the chemo would be 100% DEATH to the chemo cells and 100% LIFE to the rest of Stuart.
    Every bag that was hooked up we asked our Father for that and for Him to use the medication to kill the darkness in Stuarts body, but protect the rest of him.
    Praying for you as you move into this new part of the journey.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete